- I avoid taking the car out as much as possible, if the place is reasonably within reach of public transport
- My weekend travels are on public transport if I am alone
- I dont use the car anywhere near my house unless it is heavy duty shopping (once in a couple of weeks)
- I walk around my house for all my small errands - no bike, no car
- We compost kitchen waste (been doing this for nearly a year now)
- I have purchased a bicycle (that caused me an accident too - but well, accidents happen due to stupidity) to try and see if I can cycle to work once a week atleast. (Note to myself: I wish I could work from home.)
- I live in an apartment where we managed to convince our members to go in for rainwater harvesting (and do some urban farming as well)
Saturday, June 26, 2010
Well, I am trying what I can to bring some ecomagination into my own life. Here is what I do...But first, a confesion. My office commute is by a petrol fired car (this is the best logical choice I have after having considered other options. Update Oct 2012: It is now a year since I switched to BMTC Bus for my office commute). Having said that, here are a few things that have worked for me.
Well, these are nothing great, but just some conscious effort on my part to ensure that we live as eco-friendly as possible...